Important Information for
Commencement Ceremony Guests
Summer 2013 Commencement Ceremony Saturday, Aug. 3, 2013
10 a.m., AUM Athletic Complex
Alternate Viewing Location: Goodwyn Hall 109
If you require special accommodations for the ceremony or have any questions, please contact the Office of the Registrar.
You can view video of the ceremony at http://graduation.aum.edu. For a DVD of the ceremony, please send a $5 check or money order payable to Auburn Montgomery to: Auburn Montgomery, Information Technology Services, P.O. Box 244023, Montgomery, AL 36124. Include your return address. For more information, please call 334-244-3124.
KEYS TO A SUCCESSFUL COMMENCEMENT
Arrival and Seating
- Please sit in a designated seating area. Do not stand in the aisles, along the railing upstairs, or anywhere you see No Seating and No Standing signs.
- Please remain seated until all candidates have entered the gym and are seated. When you hear the musical fanfare introducing Pomp and Circumstance, please stand for the Processional of the Faculty and Dais Party.
- Remain standing for the playing of the National Anthem.
- Out of respect for our graduates and other program participants, doors to lower level seating areas will close 15 minutes prior to the start of the ceremony (9:45 a.m.). Guests will not be permitted to enter or exit the lower level seating area after that time.
- To minimize distractions, anyone leaving the floor during the ceremony will not be allowed back onto the gym floor, but will be directed to seating on the second level.
Alternate viewing area
If others in your party are delayed or are expected to arrive after the doors are closed, please ask them to be seated on the second level or in the Alternate Viewing Area located in Goodwyn Hall 109. Guests with small children or any other guests may choose to use this area.
- Please keep noise and movement to a minimum so everyone will be able to hear the names of all the graduates as they are called.
- Please visit restrooms prior to the start of the ceremony, and do not leave the gymnasium prior to the end of the ceremony.
- Please turn off or silence all cell phones, and do not converse by cell phone during the ceremony.
- Please stand, but remain at your seat, throughout the Recession of Graduates and until they have left the building.
Restrooms and Elevators
- Restrooms are available on the southeast and northeast corners of the gymnasium’s second floor.
- Elevators to the second floor are available on the southwest side of the gymnasium.
Photos and Video
- Professional photographers will be on hand to take photographs of each graduate as he or she leaves the stage. Each graduate will receive information directly from the company or its representatives on how to purchase their photo.
- Please take personal photographs from your seat and not while standing in aisles or other areas. An area for photo opportunities will be set up at the reception following the ceremony if you would like to take additional photos. These requests are for your safety and to assure everyone a view of each graduate crossing the stage.
- You can view video of today’s ceremony at http://graduation.aum.edu. For a DVD of today’s ceremony, please send a $5 check or money order payable to Auburn Montgomery to: Auburn Montgomery, Information Technology Services, P.O. Box 244023, Montgomery, AL 36124. Include your return address. For more information, please call 334-244-3124.
All graduates and their families are invited to a celebration reception, hosted by Provost Dr. Joe M. King, immediately following the ceremony. Refreshments will be served in Taylor Center.
On behalf of our graduates, their families, and guests, Auburn Montgomery thanks you for your attention to these guidelines. Congratulations graduates!