AUM offers a variety of scholarship opportunities for qualified first-time incoming freshman, community college transfers and currently enrolled undergraduate and graduate students. Most scholarships require full-time attendance and are based on the applicant's academic or extracurricular record, while some are based on financial need. To ensure that you are considered for all scholarship opportunities please complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) annually. The FAFSA
Web site provides information about FAFSA and completing a financial aid application.
We are here to help! If you have questions email email@example.com
or call 334-244-3938.
First-Time Freshmen and Community College Transfer Students
Your application for admission serves as your application for merit scholarships!
If you will be a new AUM student who is either an entering freshman who has recently graduated from high school or a community college transfer student you may be eligible for one of our merit scholarships. ACT scores are received after each test date and scholarship offers are made to those with ACT scores of 23 or higher. If you have taken the ACT previously, your scholarship may be increased to reflect your higher score. Check with us to see if the higher award amount can be provided. The application for admission serves as the application for scholarships.
NOTE: Complete the below requirements by March 1st, 2013.
Request official ACT or SAT scores to be sent electronically or mailed to the Admissions Office.
Request official high school transcript (or community college transcript) be mailed to:
AUM Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 244023
Montgomery, AL 36124-4023
Your transcript must show grades through the high junior year (or most recent term for community college transfers)
Freshman AUM Scholarship Programs
AUM offers excellent scholarship opportunities to students of high academic achievement. The application for admission serves as the application for Freshman Merit Based Scholarships so a separate application is not required. Priority is given to students admitted by March 1. The minimum academic requirements for scholarship consideration are for first-time, full-time freshmen entering AUM in Fall 2013 directly from high school. All merit-based awards are renewable and amount is per year.
The following scholarships are automatically renewed for up to a total of four academic years (up to a total of two years for community college transfers) provided you maintain full-time enrollment each semester (12 semester hours for fall & spring terms) and your overall GPA on all work attempted at AUM does not fall below a 3.0.
- Chancellor's Scholarships are offered to new AUM students who have a minimum ACT composite score of 27 or a minimum SAT score of 1220 a minimum high school GPA of a 3.0. These scholarships generally pay full tuition at in-state rate up to the amount required to pay for 15 hours of enrollment each term. The current annual value is $8,150 ($32,600 awarded over a four year period).
- Warhawk Scholarships are offered to new AUM students who have a minimum ACT composite score of 23 or a minimum SAT score of 1070 and a minimum high school GPA of 3.5. The scholarship generally pays tuition charges up to $3,000 per academic year ($1,500 per semester) for students enrolled full time.
- Achievement Scholarships are offered to new AUM students from who have a minimum ACT composite score of 23 or a minimum SAT score of 1070 and a high school GPA of 3.0-3.49. The scholarship generally pays tuition charges up to $2,000 per academic year ($1000 per semester) for students enrolled full time.
- Recognition Scholarships are offered to new AUM students from Alabama high schools who have a minimum ACT composite score of 20 or a minimum SAT score of 950 and minimum high school GPA of 3.5. The scholarship generally pays tuition charges up to $1,000 per academic year ($500 per semester) for students enrolled full time.
- Valedictorian Scholarships are offered to new students who are the Valedictorian of their graduating high school class. Valedictorian Scholarships are awarded an $8,000 Housing Stipend (annual value $2,000). This scholarship is eligible for combination with scholarships lsited above. A letter or confirmation of valedictorian status is required.
Additional AUM Freshman Scholarship Opportunities
Freshman Housing Scholarships: A limited number of scholarships are available for new freshmen living on campus. To be considered for this one-year award you must first be admitted to AUM. You will also need to submit a AUM Residence Life Scholarship Application by March 1, 2013.
Outside Scholarship Opportunities for Incoming Freshmen
NEW from CollegeCounts Opportunity for Alabama Residents!
A new scholarship from CollegeCounts and the Alabama Treasury Department has been established to provide funding assistance to Alabama high school students with demonstrated financial need to attend college in state.
This scholarship is for students who:
- Will be a first time freshman in the fall of 2013
- Plan to enroll as a full time student (12 hours per semester)
- Have a minimum high school GPA of 2.75
- Scored below 26 on the ACT(or below 1170 on the SAT)
The application will be available between January 2 and March 7, 2013. To apply, go to: http://collegecountsalabama.com Maxwell Gunter Officer Spouses' Club (MGOSC)
has a scholarship opportunity for high school graduating seniors and eligible military family members who want to earn an undergraduate degree. Applications may be downloaded from the MGOSC website at http://sites.google.com/site/maxwellgunterosc/home
. Applicants can also send email requests to firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications are due by February 29th.
Transfer Student Scholarship Program Transfer Scholarships are offered to transfer students who have completed their sophomore year with a 3.5 GPA at an Alabama community college. Students who receive the Transfer Scholarship will be awarded $2,500 per academic year and must maintain a 3.0 GPA while at AUM. April 1 is the Transfer Scholarship priority deadline.
Continuing AUM Students Scholarship Information
AUM offers a variety of academic or merit scholarships for currently enrolled students. Merit Scholarships are awarded for one academic year only and range in value from $500 to full tuition (15 hours) per year. The application deadline is March 1 each year. Students who maintain eligibility must reapply for consideration each year.
- Must have successfully completed at least 12 GPA credit hours at AUM.
- Must have and maintain a 3.0 or greater overall GPA on your work at AUM.
- Complete the application by the priority deadline of March 1.
- Maintain full-time enrollment each term.
Because these scholarships are limited in number, awards are made to only the most qualified applicants who meet the priority deadline of March 1 each year and applicants will be notified in June of the scholarship committee's decision. Scholarships are generally limited to no more than one award per student. AUM merit scholarships are limited to a specific dollar value and may be applied toward full-time tuition, technology fees, student activity fees and administration fees only. Any scholarship funds remaining after these fees are paid and returned to the scholarship account and are not refundable to the student. The student must pay all fees above the dollar value of the scholarship, including applicable out-of-state charges.
To apply, complete the on-line application (the deadline is March 1 each year).
Additional Continuing AUM Student Scholarships
Ida Belle Young Scholarship: The Ida Belle Young Scholarship is a merit-based renewable scholarship intended for Auburn Montgomery students that demonstrate a strong academic record. Recipients must be enrolled full-time (12 undergraduate hours or 9 graduate hours) each semester and must maintain a 3.5 overall GPA after each semester in order to retain the scholarship. The undergraduate scholarship is renewable for a maximum of three (3) years, and the graduate scholarship is renewable for a maximum of two years. Selection criteria for each category of the scholarship is listed below:
Undergraduate: Students must have successfully completed at least 30 GPA credit hours at AUM, and have a 3.5 or greater AUM and overall GPA.
Graduate: Students must be fully admitted into a graduate program, have successfully completed at least 9 graduate hours at AUM, and have a 3.5 or greater AUM graduate and overall graduate GPA
To apply, complete the on-line (the deadline is March 1 each year).
- Fill-in the application form
- Review your information for accuracy.
- Select the submit button to send your application to the AUM Scholarships Office.
School of Sciences Biology Department Scholarship Guide and Application: These scholarships are for CURRENT AUM STUDENTS ONLY. Current students must fill out the Continuing Student Merit Application form in addition School of Sciences Biology Department Scholarship Guide and Application. Completed application packets must be submitted to the Biology Department in Goodwyn Hall 207 by March 1, 2013. Any additional questions regarding the Biology Department scholarships may be directed to members of the AUM Biology scholarship committee, Mr. Antonio Gardner email@example.com, Dr. Robert Estes firstname.lastname@example.org, and Ms. Kathy Jones email@example.com.
STEM Application 2012-2013: The "Alabama Alliance for Students with Disabilities in STEM" (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) is a collaboration between Alabama colleges created to offer grants to eligible students with documented disabilities. Science, mathematics, psychology and information systems majors in the qualifying areas should jump on this opportunity! For more information, call Dr. Glen Ray at 244-3690. Apply now for this scholarship!