Graduate Student Admission

Step by Step Guide to Applying at AUM - Graduate

Ready to apply?  Follow these steps to make sure you don’t forget anything or experience any delays.

Step 1: Online Application

Complete the online application and pay the $25 application fee. You will need to create an account if you are visiting the page for the first time.

Step 2: Undergraduate Transcripts

Have the registrar of your undergraduate institution(s) send your official transcripts to AUM.  A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or universities is required for admittance to Master’s programs.

AUM Office of Graduate Studies
P.O. Box 244023
Montgomery, AL  36124-4023

Step 3: Test Scores

Have official GRE, MAT, or GMAT scores sent to AUM. The scores can’t be more than five years old. Check with the department that you are interested in to find out which test they prefer, if any.

Step 4: Talk with your Department

Make sure to check with your department about other admissions requirements! Several have different standards and requirements for admissions, such as letters of recommendation.

To apply to AUM, you’ll need to request that official transcripts of all completed coursework be sent to the address at the bottom of this page.
(If you are U.S Citizen or U.S lawful permanent resident)
Alternative Master of Education

      o You have an undergraduate degree in an area other than education, or you have a degree in an area of education and wish to be certified in a different area.
      o Upon completion of this degree, you will be fully qualified and recommended for a Class A (master level) certification.

Traditional Master of Education

      o You have an undergraduate degree and a Class B (bachelor level) certification in the area in which you want to earn a Class A (master level) certificate and a master degree.School Counseling, Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Instructional Leadership,Instructional Technology, Sport Management and Exercise Science are also listed under the Traditional Master selection. 

Education Specialist

      o You have a Class A (master level) certification and/or a master degree in an area and you wish to earn a Class AA (education specialist level) certification and an education specialist degree in the same area.
      o Special Education is the only Education Specialist degree in which the applicant does not have to have an A-level certification in the area in which he/she is applying for an AA certification.

Master: College of Business

      o You wish to earn a Master of Business Administration or a Master of Information Systems Management.

Master: College of Arts and Sciences

      o Anthropology/Archaeology, Art, English, Geography and Geographic Systems (G.I.S.), History, Spanish, Sociology,and Theater are optional focus for a graduate degree in Liberal Arts.

      o You are interested in pursuing a degree in Psychology, International Relations, Political Science, or Cybersystems and Information Security. 

Master: College of Public Policy and Justice

      o You are interested in pursuing a degree in Public Administration or Justice & Public Safety,

Master of Accountancy: School of Accountancy, College of Business

      o You have undergraduate degree in accounting from an accredited college or university or its equivalent (send official transcript of all degrees and completed accounting coursework to the address below).
      o You do not have an undergraduate degree in accounting (send official transcripts of all degrees including any accounting coursework taken to the address below). You may have to take up to a maximum of 7 courses for undergraduate credit if you have had no college accounting courses.
      o You will need to provide current (within 5 years) GMAT or GRE score. An active professional accounting certification/license (CPA, CGMA, CMA, CIA, CGFM) can be substituted for GMAT.
      o Upon completion of the Master of Accountancy (MACC), you will be qualified to sit for the CPA examination.

Unclassified Graduate Student

      o You have completed a bachelor level (or higher) degree and wish to take classes that would not count toward a master degree. Unclassified Graduate Students are not eligible for financial aid.

   Mail all documents and credentials to:

         AUM Graduate Admissions
         PO Box 244023
         Montgomery, Alabama 36124