The mission of Auburn University at Montgomery’s Office of East Asia Initiatives (OEAI) is to provide the best services and support possible for our international visitors from Asian Pacific Area (whose population includes degree-seeking students, visiting scholars and exchange students, faculty, staff, and others). We welcome our foreign visitors by providing quality services, programs, and activities that enhance awareness, international educational and research opportunities, and global perspectives for students, faculty, and staff.
We believe that international students and scholars at AUM serve as a vital “bridge” in cross-cultural understanding. Our goal is to promote positive international education exchange through all of our programs and interactions. The multifunctional role of the OEAI includes serving as primary liaison for community contacts, governmental (federal, state, and local) agencies, and university departments, which interface with international students and scholars.
- To assist AUM in recruiting international scholars, and students from Asian Pacific Area to teach, conduct research, and study.
- To provide international students and scholars from Asian Pacific Area with advice and documentation necessary to maintain their legal status in the U.S.
- To represent AUM to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, the U.S. Department of State, and other governmental agencies dealing with international visitors from Asian Pacific Area.
- To guide international students and scholars from Asian Pacific Area in their adaption to the American culture and campus life.
- To maintain university compliance regarding regulations concerning international students and scholars from Asian Pacific Area.