Mandatory Health Insurance Plan
All Auburn University at Montgomery foreign national students and visiting scholars as well as their dependents are required to participate in the AU Group Health Insurance Plan. This insurance policy provides health care coverage while the student is in the United States. The Group Health Insurance Plan is provided by United Healthcare Student Resources of Saint Petersburg, Florida.
The Office of East Asia Initiatives of Auburn University at Montgomery can assist students and scholars with important services and information related to their health care plan, including:
- billing questions
- policy questions
- claim assistance
- adding dependents
The office is located in 107C Administration Building.
For specific questions or to schedule an appointment you may send an email to email@example.com with your information and request. All emails should include your Banner ID number as well as the names and
identification number of anyone you may be asking questions about.
Cost of Insurance for Auburn University at Montgomery
Annual Premium for each scholar/student $1907
Annual Premium for spouse $1907
Annual Premium for each dependent $1946
Monthly Premium for each scholar/student $159
Monthly Premium for spouse $159
Monthly Premium for each dependent $163
Weekly Premium $37
Daily Premium $5
- All insurance costs are calculated based on the number of days a student/scholar is in the United States.
- Students, J research scholars, professors, short-term scholars/visitors and their dependents are billed beginning at the time of arrival at their port of entry into the U.S.
- J-1 scholars must enroll using the Insurance Enrollment Form through the insurance coordinator who will assist all scholars submitting the enrollment form and payment. Federal regulations require J-1 scholars and their dependents to maintain insurance for their entire stay in the United States.
- For a detailed list of United Healthcare's premium costs, please refer to www.uhcsr.com
Failure to Maintain Health Insurance
- All J1 exchange visitors must maintain health insurance for yourself and all J2 dependents regardless of being out of the country.
- Willful failure on the parts of the Exchange Visitor to maintain the required insurance will result in the termination of your program.