Online Health Care Certificates
Medical Billing and Coding
In demand- enter a growing field with job openings. There’s a nationwide shortage of coders, and the field is expected to grow by another 18% before 2016. Fulfilling- purse a career that fits your needs and potential. As a coder, you’ll find a wide variety of career opportunities, including specialties and limited number of at home positions.
Promising- build a long-term career in health care. Coding is a great entry point into health care, and you can quickly start the career you’ve been looking for.
- Understanding specialized inpatient codes
- Using industry-standard 3M encoding software
- Coding real-life inpatient hospital records
- Mastering medical terminology and basic anatomy
- Applying standardized codes specific to outpatient coding
- Coding real-life outpatient medical records
Medical Billing and Coding $2,795
(includes 12-month access to online program) / Textbooks are included in tuition
Link for Demo of class
Registered Nurse Refresher Online Course
Expand your options in this ever-changing field. The RN Refresher course gives participants who are providing care a professional level of knowledge in the following areas:
- Safe, Effective Care
- Health Promotion and Maintenance
- Psychosocial Integrity
- Physiological Integrity
- Diagnostics, Pathophysiology
- Physiological Adaptation
This course is presented in a hybrid format, including online components and two days of classroom time, as well as clinical experiences.
The breakdown is as follows:
- Theory instruction taught online
- Assigned reading
- 180 hours of clinical experience with an RN precept
Auburn Montgomery has agreements with several Alabama hospitals to complete clinical hours, and you can request a specific hospital for your clinical hours. However, we cannot guarantee placement at that hospital. A portion of the clinical hours will be completed at the Institute for Patient Safety and Medical Simulation in Montgomery.
This class is offered once a year in Winter Term.