Put your personal stamp on your education with AUM’s Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies. This flexible plan of study gives you the kind of well-rounded education that employers want because it gives you a broad perspective and prepares you for the fast-changing job market. You’ll design a curriculum based on your own interests, developing a primary and secondary field from areas across the campus, mixing and matching disciplines to customize your academic experience.
Options within Interdisciplinary Studies
- Liberal Arts (which follows Interdisciplinary Studies curriculum this page)
- Religious Studies
Points of Pride
- Students can design their own tailor-made course of study.
- Students can create course schedules with mostly online or evening classes.
- Students have presented their own research at academic conferences such as the Mathematical Association of America’s Southeastern Region Annual Meeting and the University of North Carolina at Greensboro’s Mathematics and Statistics Conference.
- Students have received real-world experience with internships at River City Publishing, the U. S. Forestry Service, the City of Prattville, and the Montgomery County Courthouse.
Put Your Degree to Work
Note: While salaries vary depending on several factors including your level of experience, education and training, and geography and industry, here is a sampling of the future job growth and salaries in this area.
An interdisciplinary degree is a good background for any number of careers and graduate programs. Students with interdisciplinary degrees often go on to work in business, law, and education.