At AUM, we have a number of individual and team sports for both men and women. They range from flag football to basketball, from softball to non-traditional sports like table tennis, dodgeball and sand volleyball. Intramural Sports offers a great opportunity to engage in competition and meet other students, faculty and staff. Everyone is welcome regardless of your skill level.
The purpose of the Intramural Sports program is to provide an opportunity for every AUM student to participate in some type of competitive sports activity regardless of interest, ability, and available free time. Rules and regulations have been established for each sports and team captains serve as representatives of each team and work with the Campus Recreation Intramural Sports Coordinator to organize and administer events.
Goals of the Program
- To provide wholesome and healthy activities for recreation and relaxation from strenuous school work and the rapid pace of modern society for students, faculty and staff members.
- To provide equipment, facilities and encourage wholesome participation in a large number of sports activities by students, faculty and staff members.
- To stimulate an interest in athletics and recreation through a high quality program.
- To provide an opportunity to develop sportsmanship of the highest order. Everything that sportsmanship implies should be developed on playing fields and playing courts of AUM.
- To provide an opportunity to learn the important values developed through team spirit and cooperation.
- To provide the opportunity to belong to a group.
- To provide an opportunity to make social contacts and friendships which could not readily be developed in the classroom.
- To provide the opportunity for every student regardless of his/her ability to realize the joy and fun of participation in their favorite sport.