The Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) at Auburn Montgomery is a service unit within the Division of Financial and Administrative Services that assists faculty and staff at AUM in obtaining external funds. We offer assistance across the entire field of sponsored programs activities, from identifying a potential source of funding, editing and in some cases writing the proposal, and to reviewing the terms and conditions of awards made to the institution. OSP serves as the coordinating office for externally funded research projects submitted by Auburn Montgomery. The goal of the OSP is to assist faculty and professional staff in their efforts to secure external funding.
Services Provided By OSP
- Review, edit, and in some cases provide assistance with writing grant proposals
- Review and process proposals for submission to sponsors
- Review and assist with budgeting
- Review grants and contracts to ensure compliance with sponsor and AUM requirements
- Serve as liaison between AUM and sponsors
- Obtain sponsor guidelines/instruction
- Negotiate and obtain awards if needed
- Provides assurances, representations and certifications
- Initiate and negotiate sub-grants
- Maintain a database of awarded grants and contracts
- Produce the Annual Reports for External Funding Activities at AUM
- Update faculty and staff on funding opportunities and sponsor policies
- Provide training in SPIN and other software designated to locate funding opportunities
- Fulbright Scholar Program
Pre- and Post-Award Services
- Maintain the Research Council related documents and files for the Regular Faculty GIA, New Faculty GIA, Distinguished Research Professor Award, Equipment GIA, Faculty Publication Fee, Faculty Research Conference Fee and Subvention Grant.
- Distribute new award notification information to recipients of Faculty GIA (New, Regular and Equipment), Distinguished Research Professor, Publication and Conference Fees.
- Maintain and monitor the monthly account statements of each individual award recipient.
- Maintain and monitor the monthly statements of Research Council, Distinguished Research, and Indirect Cost accounts.
Research Compliance Issues
- Research with Human Subjects (IRB)
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)
- Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC)
- Conflict of Interest