The 2014 Assessment Workshop: Development of AUMazing! Assessment Plans
October 10, 2014
1:00 P.M. – 5:00 P.M.
Tenth Floor Library Tower West
If you are staff or faculty responsible for developing assessment goals and plans for your unit, please plan on joining us!
Topics will include:
• Different types of goals and outcomes (including student learning outcomes and administrative goals)
• How to set effective goals/outcomes
• Deciding way to measure goals/outcomes
• How results can lead to improvements
• Where and how assessment details can be recorded
• When assessment should occur
Also, an introduction will be offered for survey design and development in Qualtrics.
Schedule of events:
1:00-1:45: Survey design and development in Qualtrics
2:00-3:30: Developing assessment plans (focus on administrative goals)
3:30-4:00: Developing assessment plans (focus on student learning outcomes)
4:15-5:00: Survey design and development in Qualtrics
Oversees and collects data related to student achievement, student engagement, and student and partner satisfaction. Information provided here includes reports related to National Survey of Student Engagement, Noel Levitz Survey and report, Collegiate Assessment of Academic Proficiency, and the University’s Annual Assessment System. Goals of the Assessment branch are as follows:
- Work to discover high-quality processes to increase the university’s academic effectiveness.
- Collect and monitor assessment reports for each degree program and educational support unit.
- Help to promote the appropriate use of assessment data for institutional improvement.
- Support the academic and administrative review process by providing unit-specific data and meeting with appropriate faculty and staff during the process to help identify and highlight data trends.
If you need additional data not found on the OIE website, please complete the