VISION: The University Honors Program will be the academic unit at Auburn University at Montgomery which
- engages highly motivated and high-achieving undergraduate students with majors in every College;
- is innovative in curriculum design and development and teaching excellence in diverse fields and methods;
- prepares students to thrive in a global community and to participate in a culture of inclusiveness.
- creates a community of faculty and students engaged in rigorous intellectual and service-learning activities; and
- graduates students who become engaged alumni with a life-long interest in and personal connection to AUM.
MISSION: Since 1981 the mission of the University Honors Program is to provide an environment in which highly motivated students participate as part of a diverse community committed to preparing them intellectually and socially for the challenges and responsibilities of being citizens with global perspectives.
OBJECTIVES: To accomplish that mission, the UHP enhances the experience of Honors Program students by engaging them in the development and demonstration of
- creative/critical thinking
- teamwork and leadership
- in a context of global citizenship.