Top 10 Reasons to Meet with a Student Success Advisor
1. You receive notification of a Warhawk Warning.
2. You have a "D" or "F" in a class at Midterm.
3. You find yourself struggling to manage your time well.
4. You want to "Study Smarter not Harder".
5. Motivation to dominate your classes!
6. You'd like some help to better communicate with your professor.
7. Guidance navigating your college experience.
8. You know what you need, but you aren't sure who on campus you need to talk to.
9. You want to be better connected to AUM's campus community.
Who are Student Success Advisors?
Student Success Advisors are professional staff members who guide students through processes that help them identify ways to increase their academic success. A primary goal of Student Success Advising is to foster connections between students and institutional academic support services. AUM understands that successfully navigating the University environment requires skills and knowledge that students gain during their AUM experience; therefore, Student Success Advisors serve to help students successfully engage in their academic experiences by providing opportunities through which they learn about and practice the skills needed to be successful college students.
What do Student Success Advisor Do?
Student Success Advisors monitor the Warhawk Warning program, which is a collaborative effort among faculty and staff to identify student concerns and difficulties early in the semester so that the students may be connected to academic support services such as tutoring, counseling, and other academic development opportunities. Warhawk Warning also serves as a recognition program through which faculty may send "kudos" to students and celebrate their outstanding academic performance.
Midterm grade reporting is another component of the Warhawk Warning program. Midterm grades provide students with information regarding how they are performing in their classes so that they may make adjustments needed to improve upon, or maintain current academic success measures.
Student Success and Retention Office
Ida Belle Yount Library Tower, 2nd Floor
Warhawk Academic Success Center