Language Test Score Requirements
- Minimum Scores for English Proficiency Tests: Submit Only One
All scores should be sent directly by the testing agency to Auburn University at Montgomery (AUM).
- TOEFL (AUM Institutional Code: 1036): Paper-based: 500; Internet-based: 61.
- IELTS: 5.5.
- ACT (AUM Institutional Code: 0057): The minimum acceptable ACT composite score is 18 with a sub-score of 18 on the English section.
- SAT (AUM Institutional Code: 1036): The minimum SAT combined score (Critical Reading and Critical Math only) is 860 with a sub-score of 450 on the Critical Reading section.
Proof of Completion of AUM’s Intensive English Program or ELS Language Centers’ Level 112 Intensive English Program may be submitted in place of an English Proficiency Test.
Acceptable English Proficiency Requirement Exemptions
1. International students enrolling in programs that are included in a contract between AUM and a foreign government/institution and/or U.S. military organization.
2. International students who have satisfactorily completed the equivalent of AUM English composition requirements at an accredited U.S. college or university.
3. International students who have satisfactorily completed a United States secondary diploma or are citizens of a country where English is the predominantly native language.
Countries included in this exception are Anguilla, Antigua, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British Solomon Island, British Virgin Islands, Canada (except Quebec), Cayman Islands, Channel Islands, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Liberia, Montserrat, New Zealand, Republic of Ireland, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, and United Kingdom.
4. International students who have scored at least 488 on paper-based TOEFL, 163 on computer-based TOEFL or 57 on internet-based TOEFL will take a combined load of undergraduate courses including appropriate English as a Second Language (ESL) courses. Students continue with ESL courses until they pass TOEFL or IELTS according to the Auburn Montgomery minimum acceptable score requirements.
Note: Students who do not meet the TOEFL and/or any other requirement for full admission to an AUM academic program may apply for admission to the AUM English as a Second Language (ESL) program