AUM's New Quality Enhancement Plan Targets Math
Lots of students feel un(or under)prepared for college math. AUM recognizes that this can increase your time at college, or prevent you from pursuing a major in the field you're most interested in (or even make you feel like you might not be cut out for college).
AUM's new Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) — AUM Mathematics Pathways Success Initiative: Helping Students Succeed in Math Courses — focuses on helping you succeed in college math so you can pursue a degree in the field of your choice and graduate on time!
Send questions to AskAUM@aum.edu with the subject line "QEP."
Why did AUM develop this QEP?
AUM Mathematics Pathways Success Initiative: Helping Students Succeed in Math Courses is designed to better target and deliver AUM's mathematics remediation program to more effectively help students move into and succeed in required math courses for their desired majors.
- Increase the passing rates (in all developmental math courses and core math courses);
- Decrease the number of students enrolled in remedial mathematics courses;
- Enhance retention rate (of all remedial math students).
- Use leading assessment tool (to assess students’ math background)
- Target individual remediation need
- Personalized learning modules
- One-on-one tutoring
- Offer before and during a semester
- Focused remediation: only on certain areas where remediation is needed
- Assisted remediation: one-on-one tutoring
- Reduced (accelerated) remediation: short-duration process
- Effective remediation: allow students to quickly remediate their math skills