The safety of our students, visitors, faculty and staff is a priority. With all the advantages of a small campus, Auburn Montgomery also has many amenities of a larger university, including our own police department.
We take a proactive approach to safety. Auburn Montgomery offers:
- A well-lit campus
- Required parking tags for students, faculty and staff to easily identify vehicles
- Campus police completing hourly rounds of the parking lots
- Emergency call boxes located in strategic positions throughout campus
- Outdoor warning sirens to alert for severe weather
- All buildings are equipped with fire alarms and intercom systems
- An emergency notification system that delivers information via phone calls, email, and text messages
To prepare yourself before an emergency situation arises, faculty, staff, and students should review AUM's Critical Operations Manual.
AUM Active Shooter Protocol
General Information on How to Respond in an Active Shooter Situation: www.homelandsecurity.alabama.gov/activeshooter.aspx