AUM is a Desginated "Military Friendly" School
Auburn University at Montgomery has earned the 2017 Military Friendly School designation by Victory Media, publisher of G.I. Jobs, STEM JobsSM, and Military Spouse. AUM is honored to be assisting our veterans, active military members, reserves and their families in affording them a world-class education that they deserve. Our programs are built to help you learn by attending our campus located a few minutes drive from the Maxwell Air Force Base, or in the comfort of your home through our online offerings, or by a combination of both.
As a veteran, you are entitled to certain benefits and are eligible to participate in certain programs. The Veteran Services Office assists:
- Dependents of disabled or deceased veterans
While the Veteran Services Office at AUM does not determine eligibility for assistance, we do ensure that proper paperwork is completed, certified, and filed with the VA so that payment of benefits can begin. If you require additional information, contact the AUM Veteran Services office at 334-244-3288.
Applying for VA Benefits is simple, easy, and online. It can be done on the VA website, or you can visit your VA officer in our Office of Financial Aid who will be delighted to assist you.
Credit For Military Experience
The American Council on Education (ACE) presently evaluates both military and civilian training programs for academic credit. Since this evaluation is handled by faculty members of accredited institutions of higher learning, AUM will accept the ACE recommendations for credit given for the successful completion of service schools, including AWC and ACSC. Credit for military education is processed by the Registrar’s Office in consultation with appropriate faculty members.
Students can receive credit for certain subjects completed through:
- College Level Examination Program (AUM CLEP and Dantes Credit)
- College Board Advanced Placement (AP)
- US Armed Forces Institute/Dantes Level Test and Subject Standardized Tests
Get Started Now
Every student's path is a little bit different and we are here to help you navigate maximizing your benefits and scholarship opportunities. Contact Rudy Tobias via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 334-244-3304 to talk about your personalized plan to get started.
Here are the some things you can do to get started--
- Start educating yourself on the financial tools available to you
- Apply to Auburn University at Montgomery. Check out our admissions requirements for both first time students and transfer students.
- Begin gathering your applicable forms. Forms may vary pending your specific situation, but you can get a head start by gathering the following:
- VA Benefit Confirmation
- Copy of Certificate of Eligibility from the VA
- Military Transcripts
- ACT Test Scores / Other Transcripts as applicable