Auburn University at Montgomery Military and Family Scholarship
Auburn University at Montgomery is a proud supporter of the men and women in the armed forces around the world.
In addition to federal scholarships and tuition assistance programs, Auburn University at Montgomery offers a number of scholarships to military personnel, both past and present. Whether you are a new student, have some college credit already or seeking to change directions after the military, there may be a scholarship to fit you. While some of these scholarships are competitive and limited in number, most of Auburn University of Montgomery’s scholarships are automatically awarded, without the need for a separate application form, which are based on the student’s GPA’s and test scores. In addition to freshman scholarships, Auburn University at Montgomery has developed scholarships for students transferring from accredited 2-year community colleges in Alabama. 66% of all incoming students of fall 2017 were recipients of an Auburn University at Montogmery scholarship.
Furthermore, Auburn University at Montgomery’s Army ROTC program offers a wide range of scholarship opportunities ranging from two to four years for those aspiring to gain a commission in to the U.S. Army upon graduating from Auburn University at Montgomery.
Military Scholarships for Active, Veteran and Dependents of Military Personnel
Military and Dependent Scholarship
Military personnel and their dependents may qualify for a 15% Undergraduate tuition scholarship or 35% Graduate tuition scholarship. This scholarship reduces tuition to $250 per credit hour at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Regardless of your military status, Active, Reserve, National Guard, Spouses or Dependent Children, Auburn University at Montgomery welcomes you.
Military Dependent Scholarship Eligibility and Award Details
To be eligible for the scholarship, students must meet the following requirements:
- Must be currently serving in the active or reserve component of the US military OR must be the spouse or dependent child of a currently serving service member, including National Guard and Reserves.
- Enrollment Status: Applicant (aum.edu/apply) or Enrolled
- Degree program level: Undergraduate or Graduate.
- All service members need to submit an application for the scholarship. All eligibility requirements and award details for the AUM Military and Dependent Scholarship apply to service members.
- Your Scholarship Application must be received no later than 2 weeks prior to the start of the term or semester for which you are applying for the scholarship. The Scholarship Application requires an AUM student number (S#): If you are not currently a student at AUM or have yet to complete your admission application, you'll need to apply to AUM first.
- Applicant applicant must submit completed Verification Form to the University Scholarship Manager no later than two (2) weeks prior to the start of the term or semester. Re-validation will be required each year no later than two (2) weeks prior to the start of the term or semester. If you have questions you can contact Jennifer Gardner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 244-3078.
- Maintain a 2.0 cumulative institutional GPA at the Undergraduate level or a 3.0 cumulative institutional GPA at the Graduate level.
- Continuing Education courses are not eligible for this scholarship.
Stipulations for the AUM Military and Dependent Scholarship include the following:
- This scholarship cannot be used in conjunction with any other scholarship or benefit awarded by AUM, State benefits (ANGEAP, AL Dependent Scholarship, Vocational Scholarships, etc.), ROTC, or Veterans Administration benefits (excluding 1606 & 1607).
- Amount of award will be dependent on the number of credit hours the scholarship recipient registers for each term or semester.
- Amount of award will not exceed 120% of the required attempted credit hours to complete your degree program.
- The initial amount awarded is based on the number of credit hours registered for on the first day of classes. Re-evaluation for number of credit hours registered for will be on the 21st class day.
Scholarship can only be used toward one degree at each level (one bachelor’s degree and one master’s degree).
- Undergraduate students would save $165.00 per 3 semester credit hour class
- Graduate students would save $405.00 per 3 semester credit hour class
* Some recipients may be eligible for reimbursement of remaining tuition, so your full tuition might be covered. Talk to your command center about your benefits.
ROTC Campus-Based Scholarship
Four, three, or two-year scholarships for students who meet all eligibility requirements necessary to contract to become commissioned officers in the active-duty Army, Reserves, or National Guard. AUM ROTC Scholarship Eligibility
Guaranteed Reserve Forces Duty (GRFD) Scholarship
The GRFD scholarship is available to those cadets participating in the Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP) between AUM Army ROTC and a Reserve/Guard unit. GRFD recipients are funded each year at full tuition and receive $1,200 for books. They are given an ROTC allowance for 10 months of the year at $450 per month during their junior year and $500 per month during their senior year. As a member of the Guard or Reserves, they will also receive drill pay. Those cadets who accept the GRFD Scholarship are locked into the Guard or Reserves upon commissioning.
Green to Gold Scholarship
The Green to Gold Active Duty Option Program provides eligible, active-duty enlisted soldiers an opportunity to complete a bachelor’s degree or a two-year graduate degree and earn a commission as an Army officer. Those wishing to obtain a Green to Gold Scholarship must submit required paperwork, apply via goarmy.com and receive a letter of acceptance from Auburn University at Montgomery.
Academic Plan of Study Check-sheet
If you are receiving VA benefits, you are required to provide the Veteran Services Office with this form. Your academic advisor will provide this form and work with you in developing your plan. Your Plan of Study Checksheet must:
- list all courses required for your degree
- indicate which courses are already satisfied, either by prior college credit or previous course work completed at AUM
- be signed by your dean or advisor
- Once you have completed all necessary forms, it takes 6-8 weeks for the Veterans Administration's Regional Office (VARO) to finish processing your claim.
Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy for VA Benefit Recipients
As a VA benefit recipient, you are required to make satisfactory academic progress by maintaining a minimum overall 2.0 GPA on hours attempted at AUM. This measure generally becomes effective when you have attempted 24 hours at AUM. If you fail to maintain the required GPA, you will have your VA benefits terminated.
Registration Cancellation Policy
The AUM Registration Cancellation Policy requires that you pay tuition and fees by the Registration Cancellation Deadline. We will permit re-registration only if you make payments or payment arrangements at the time of registration. If you are awarded financial aid (federal and state aid, scholarships, third party tuition payment, military assistance, PACT, etc.) for the semester at issue, you will not be subject to cancellation for that portion of fees covered by financial aid. However, veteran benefits, other than Chapter 31 VA Vocational Rehabilitation and Post 9/11 Chapter 33, are not considered financial aid for this payment policy, so you are encouraged to make payments or payment arrangements to prevent course cancellation.
APPLY NOW FOR AUM’S MILITARY AND DEPENDENT SCHOLARSHIP
Follow these easy steps to apply for AUM's Military and Dependent Scholarship:
- Apply to AUM (because your Scholarship Application will require your AUM student number). If you have already applied to AUM or are a current AUM student, you can skip this step.
- Complete your Military and Dependent Scholarship Application.
- Complete and submit your Verification Form.
Take your studies with you!
Did you know AUM offers more than 20 degrees online? No matter where your orders take you and your family, if you are pursuing your degree online, you can keep studying — and keep your Military and Dependent Scholarship!
Questions about AUM's Military and Dependent Scholarships? Just ask!